Introduction for Royyala Yeppadu
Royyala Yeppadu is a popular seafood dish from the South Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. This flavorful and spicy prawn curry is a staple in Andhra cuisine and is loved by seafood lovers all over the world. The dish is made by cooking prawns in a spicy and aromatic masala made with a blend of roasted spices, coconut, and other ingredients. The rich flavors and textures of this dish make it a favorite among seafood lovers, and it is often served with steaming hot rice or rotis. Whether you’re looking to try a new seafood dish or are already a fan of Andhra cuisine, Royyala Yeppadu is sure to be a treat for your taste buds.
Royyala Yeppadu, also known as Andhra-style prawn curry, is a delicious seafood dish from the South Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. Here’s a recipe you can try:
- 500g prawns, cleaned and deveined
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 2 green chillies, slit lengthwise
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- Salt, to taste
- 1 cup water
- Coriander leaves, for garnishing
For the masala:
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp poppy seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 2 dried red chillies
- 1/2 cup grated coconut
Instructions for Royyala Yeppadu recipe:
- Dry roast all the masala ingredients except coconut on a low flame until fragrant. Then add the grated coconut and roast for another minute. Turn off the flame and allow the mixture to cool.
- Grind the roasted masala mixture into a smooth paste by adding some water. Keep the paste aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add chopped onions. Saute until onions turn translucent.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and green chillies. Fry until the raw smell goes away.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook until they turn soft.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, and salt. Mix well and fry for a minute.
- Add the prawns and mix them well with the masala. Add a cup of water and bring it to boil.
- Once the curry starts boiling, add the ground masala paste and mix well.
- Cook the prawns for 8-10 minutes or until they are fully cooked.
- Garnish the curry with coriander leaves and serve hot with steamed rice.
Enjoy your delicious Royyala Yeppadu!
Royyala Yeppadu is a delicious and flavorful prawn curry that is a must-try for seafood lovers. With its rich blend of spices and aromas, this dish is a popular staple in Andhra cuisine and is enjoyed by people all over the world. Whether you’re cooking it for a special occasion or simply looking to try a new seafood recipe, Royyala Yeppadu is sure to impress. So, give it a try and experience the flavors of Andhra Pradesh in your own kitchen!